I have been studying on water management issues for agriculture namely irrigation and drainage. In addition, biomass-use is my another concern. Mainly, pyrolysis technologies and charcoal use for sustainable crop production are my main concerns. I hope to disseminate our expertise to mainly Asian countries.
I came to Kyushu University in 2010, after twenty-five years at National Institute (Japan) namely National Institute for Rural Engineering (NIRE) and Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS).
- MeththikaVithanage, Anushka Upamali Rajapaksha, Mahtab Ahmad, Yoshiyuki Shinogi, Kye Hoon Kim, Geonha Kim, and Yong Sik Ok; Biochar use (Chapter 10), Sustainable Solid Waste Management, American Society of Civil Engineering Press, pp.25-36,2015
- K. Yuge, three co-authors (2014); Evaluation of the micro-scale advection effect on the soil water movement in micro-irrigated field, Irrigation Science, Vol. 32 No. 2,
- Oh, T.K., Y. Shinogi and B.S. Choi.(2014);Utilization of biochar impregnated with anaerobically digested slurry as slow-release fertilizer, J. Plant Nutrition & Soil Science. Vol.177 (1) 97-103
- Taek Keun Oh, Yoshiyuki Shinogi, Seung Joo Lee, and Bongsu Choi(2013); Utilization of biochar impregnanted with anaerobically digested slurry as slow-released fertilizer, J. Plant Nutri., Soil Scie, DOI 10.1002/jpln. 201200487
- Y. Shinogi, Biochar potential for Asia and the Pacific, Sustainable bioenergy in Asia, Improving resilience to high food prices and climate change, FAO, pp.98-100