Date: Thursday, 15 April 2021
Time: 13:00-15:00, Bangkok (GMT+7) / 14:00-16:00, Beijing (GMT+8) / 15:00-17:00, Tokyo (GMT+9)
This open forum, organized by the Comparative Education Society of Asia (CESA) in collaboration with UNESCO, aims to solicit feedback from the Asia-Pacific region on the Progress Update report on the Futures of Education initiative. The document presents a provisional outline of the upcoming global report of the International Commission on the Futures of Education. The inputs gathered during the forum will feed into this report to be launched at the UNESCO General Conference in November 2021.
To read the Progress Update, click here.
For more information on the Progress Update consultation, including some guiding questions, click here.
To learn more about the Futures of Education initiative, click here.
During the open forum, participants are warmly invited to make short spoken comments (2 minutes each). Those who register earliest will be invited to share their comments first. Comments should specifically address the content of the Progress Update.
All those interested in speaking should register here.
Link to the forum: https://zoom.us/j/95707295134?pwd=SFZiLzZ4d0dHekwrVllYUDBnSXozQT09
The forum will be in English. There will be no interpretation provided.
- Opening remarks (5 mins)
- Introduction to the Progress Update by Sobhi Tawil, Director, Division of the Future of Learning and Innovation, UNESCO HQ (5 mins)
- Comments on the Progress Update from:
- LIU Baocun (Beijing Normal University, China) (5 minutes)
- Ryoko TSUNEYOSHI (Bunkyo Gakuin University, Japan) (5 minutes)
- LEANG Un (Royal University of Phnom Penh, Cambodia) (5 minutes)
- Discussion with ZHANG Wei (East China Normal University, China) and Mark MACA (Central Luzon State University, Philippines) moderated by Edward VICKERS (Kyushu University, Japan) (15 minutes)
- Open forum (60 minutes)
- Closing (5 minutes)
For further inquiries, please contact: